Well, hello there!
It’s been a while…a couple weeks…a month? How have you been?
I have been good/stressed/sick. I have been good because I’ve been spending a lot of time with myself since Barrett is in Nashville now. I’ve been rediscovering some things I used to love to do before Barrett and I hung out 24/7. I started journaling again and I spend more time doing self-care things.
I’ve been stressed because school is mentally, physically, and emotionally draining. That is all.
And I’ve been sick because I had mono last February so lucky me I catch anything flying through the air. Lots of runny noses, throwing up, bloody noses…everything. Hah! I am slowly getting back to normal though.
I have a lot of things I need to fill you in on. I can’t decided when I want to do that yet so bare with me! I’ve been making some big life decisions lately as I still try to figure out who I am and who I’m supposed to be.
Anyways, I have a recipe for you today! I based this recipe off of this Russian Braised Cabbage from Natasha’s Kitchen. I turned her braised cabbage into a soup with a few more ingredients and some modifications.
Turkey + Cabbage Soup
- 1 lb turkey, grass-fed, organic
- 1 head organic cabbage, chopped
- 4 large organic carrots, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 C mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (optional)
- 4 C vegetable stock
- 1 can tomato juice
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 2 T dried parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Brown turkey in stock pot
2. Add chopped cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, and onions.
3. Add rinsed and drained chickpeas
4. Add vegetable stock and tomato juice
5. Add spices
6. Let sit on medium heat for an hour, covered, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve with warm sourdough bread and butter. ENJOY!
Inspired by: Russian Braised Cabbage from Natasha’s Kitchen