Well hello there! I know, I know…I am a terrible blogger. But hear me out…I have my reasons! Lately life has been busy but oh so wonderful!! I haven’t just taken a step back from blogging but from checking out my own favorite blogs as well. An internet hiatus, if you will.
Any who, I wanted to update you on 6 things happening right now in my life 🙂 This post is random, but it’s 6 things that mean a lot to me right now! I can’t wait to catch up with you all and also catch up on all my favorite blogs today!
1. Work has been all about vaccine clinics! I won’t share my opinion on the vaccine on my blog because I don’t like to get into all of that here! Plus, I am sure you are hearing enough about the vaccine. I am thankful for a career in Public Health but boy, I can’t wait until everything gets somewhat back to normal and we can all do our normal jobs again.
2. I deleted Instagram. I would delete my Facebook too, but I need that to maintain my parent’s business social media and I also like being a part of a few positive FB fitness groups. Plus, I get to see pictures of family on there! Instagram was just becoming too much. I was on there way too often and I never saw anything that brought me joy. I even tried only following accounts I liked and even that became overwhelming. I rarely post on there anymore anyways so I thought: why not just delete it? It’s been about 3 or 4 weeks now and I don’t see myself going back for a while. I use to love posting pictures of food, editing the pictures, and writing positive captions – but that’s what this blog allows me to do too! I’d like to focus more on my blog moving forward. RANT OVER, LOL.
3. Dinner time has become my favorite time. After work I usually work out and then my boyfriend comes over for dinner or I go over to his place and we cook dinner. Making food with loved ones and enjoying a meal over good conversation bring my heart SO. MUCH. JOY. Lately we have been hooked on Designated Survivor so we usually watch that after dinner too 🙂
4. I am reading more than I ever did before.It’s no secret that I enjoy reading. I had put it on the back burner for a while but ever since I deleted Instagram, I have been reading SO MUCH. Reading makes me feel like myself…if that makes sense. LOL
5. My day always starts with this protein coffee and it seriously is AMAZING.If you know who Claire P. Thomas is, you know about her protein coffee! I started making this every day over the last few months and I seriously CRAVE it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my normal cup of coffee with a splash of heavy cream. But this protein coffee starts my morning off right! 🙂 It’s 1/2 scoop protein powder (my favorite has been 1st Phorm!), 1/4 C almond milk – froth that together then add in coffee and whip cream!
6. Owen is still my obsession. Enough said!
My life has been pretty darn sweet lately (and I am not just talking about my protein coffee, hahaah!). I am in a good routine right now and I feel incredibly blessed to be where I am. I am hoping to get back into the groove of taking pictures of food and life and writing my crazy blog posts for you all. Thank you for stopping by the blog today!!! You all mean so much to me!! <3
Leave a Reply