October 1st is tomorrow. How is that possible?! I’m pumped about it regardless. This season of life has been B U S Y to say the least. Here are 5 things that sum up what’s going on since I last filled you in:
- We picked a wedding date!!!!
- I’ve cried a lot this week.
- Owning a business is really freaking hard.
- I am learning to surround myself with kind people and ignore the people trying to bring me down.
- We closed on our building and Lettuce Attend Cafe + Kindness is officially underway!!!!!
So life has been super go, go, go these past few weeks. It felt really nice to just forget about work this evening, do some things that make me happy: workout, make dinner slowly, take photos of my food, blog about it! I really should take more time to do the things that make me happy. Anywho, lettuce catch up soon! Until then, I leave you with this easy recipe that SCREAMS Fall <3
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1 lb Sage Italian Sausage ground
- 3 Pink lady apples diced
- 2 C Arugula
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 C Diced onion
- 1 tbsp Date syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese shaved
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut squash in half. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper on the squash. Bake face down for 30 minutes, or until fork pokes through. While the squash is in the oven, cook sausage in a skillet. Once sausage is cooked, drain grease and place sausage in a separate bowl. Add onion and garlic. Once fragrant, add in diced apples. Once apples soften, add sausage back in. Add in rosemary and salt & pepper. Once squash is cooked, scrape out the seeds. Stuff the squash with the sausage/apple mixture. Top with drizzle of date syrup, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese. Broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Preferably served with a delicious baguette! 🙂