Back from a blog break: moving & major life decisions!

Hi, hey, how are ya? It’s been….a minute. Okay, almost a month. No big deal though right, right? I missed you!! I love this little corner of the internet where I get to talk to my blogging friends! Lettuce get to it!

It has been a CRAZY last few weeks. From Holy Week in the Orthodox Church to moving to spontaneously applying for grad school to many other things. However, this is me NOT complaining. I am SO GRATEFUL for every new obstacle God has thrown my way. It’s pretty cool (and crazy) to think about how BIG God works in our lives.

Okay, back to this recap. Bare with me…it’s a long one.

Saturday (April 20th) I headed to Church for Lazarus Saturday.  After church I booked it over to Zest Juice to help Emma (the owner) make smoothies for their new smoothie menu. It was so fun taste testing and helping her create a few recipes! I had prepped some overnight oats the night before to eat on the way over since we don’t eat anything before a liturgy in the Orthodox church!

Quick Overnight Oats:

  • 1 almost empty jar of nut butter
  • 1/4 C oats
  • 1/2 C almond milk
  • 4-5 drops chocolate liquid stevia
  • 1 T chia

Stir all the ingredients together and pop in the fridge overnight – top with whatever your heart desires the next morning!

The rest of Saturday and Sunday was spent helping my family pack for our big move on Tuesday (April 23rd). I will miss this beautiful front yard I’ve known for the last 15 years of my life…


Monday (April 22nd) I made a big smoothie (recipe HERE) to enjoy before a long day of work, school, and church!


Tuesday (April 23rd) was MOVING day!! I spent the morning in Microbio then headed home for a quick workout before loading up the first trailer to move to the new house. Okay, I forgot moving was a workout in itself. I was EXHAUSTED by Tuesday night. My family and I headed over to El Mazatlan for dinner after moving 10383 boxes. I ordered a mango margarita for obvious reasons. It had been a long day. After downing a gazillion chips dipped in guac I managed to eat a few bites of the food I actually ordered. This was a vegetables bowl with shrimp and salsa.

After showering off a workout and a day’s worth of moving, I slept like a baby that night.

I woke up bright and early to enjoy a small bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee on the deck of the new house. I was feeling very thankful for the opportunity to be with my family this week.


Thursday (April 25th) I headed to microbio and then Kroger for their salad bar after. SO. MANY. VEGGIES.


After eating a good chunk of that salad I headed to work. After work, I came home for a quick workout and then showered off before church. Thursday was the reading of The Twelve Holy Gospels. One of the most beautiful services in the Orthodox Church – I cry basically the whole time.

Friday (April 26th), I was up bright and early again for some quiet time, coffee, and then a smoothie before heading to work.

BlUeBeRrY sMoOtHiE: 1/2 C blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 C flax milk, 1 scoop vanilla plant protein powder, 1 T spirulina


I finished work around noon and headed to Beet Box for their fresh food Friday bar. I got the vegetable fajita bowl! After lunch, I walked around TJ Maxx for an hour to kill time before heading to meet my friend Mandy to spend the day at Gypsy Moon Marketplace. I was so happy I got to spend time with her…but we hated Gypsy Moon! Hahaha It definitely wasn’t our scene.


I was in bed early Friday night so I could be up early on Saturday morning to work the Farmer’s Market for my friends Jordan and Jackson while they got baptized! As a thank you I was compensated with free bagel breakfast sandwiches and produce…I will take that type of payment any day of the week! It was so fun getting to work the market and eat my weight in local food. I just LOVE the positive energy of farmer’s markets!


Plus, how gorgeous are these beets from Jordan and Jackson’s farm?!?!


When I got back from the market my aunt and cousins were there! I spent some quality time with them while helping my family unpack. Dinner: veggie burger, local lettuce, and homemade sweet potato fries!


Around 10:00 p.m. my parents and I headed to church for PASCHA! I have zero pictures to show for it because I was so tired I could barely even stand during the service. It’s always a wonderful time in our church though!

We got home around 2:30 a.m. and I immediately fell asleep. I woke up around 8:30 and headed downstairs for coffee! Around 10, my family and I headed to breakfast at Corner Bakery Cafe. I got the egg and bacon bowl with avocado – I wish I would have asked for no cheese but other than that it was amazing!


The rest of Sunday was spent cleaning, unpacking, organizing, and working on school work. These flowers brightened up my whole room! A sweet woman from church bought them for me when she saw me at the farmer’s market! ❤ IMG_2877

Monday (April 29th) I woke up early for some quiet time before getting ready for work. After work I headed home for a quick workout before working on more school work.

Tuesday I woke up early for quiet time again and then headed to my Microbio class! After class I headed into work and let me tell you…I was NOT having a good day. This is TMI but who cares, I have the WORST PMS symptoms the days leading up to my period. I am talking mega emotional, extremely bloated, craving galore…just a mess really. So Tuesday was just the WORST – but, I headed home early from work, got in a sweaty workout, and then made dinner for my family. And all was right in the world again. Sometimes we just need to take time for ourselves and remind ourselves that it’s okay to have a tough day but only WE can change our minds. Once I changed my mind – my day was a whole lot better.

This taco salad also helped…


Wednesday was GLORIOUS! I went to work, my parents got me a juicer for graduating, and I went on one hell of a good date.

Thursday I was SO SLEEPY from getting home around midnight on Wednesday. I barely made it through the day! I did manage to get in a workout and make dinner! Zesty chicken, crispy tamari brussels sprouts, and lemon quinoa! Super tasty!


I was in bed by 9 on Thursday and very happy to get some much needed sleep. I woke up around 6 on Friday so I could make my celery juice and head to my dentist appointment. After the dentist, I came back home to drink coffee and make this bowl of oatmeal while I got ready for work.


So… the major life decisions. GRAD SCHOOL. It was all very last minute but in a matter of two days, I applied for my program – got accepted, and interviewed for a Grad Assistant position. A crazy few days but so worth it!

And now, here I am. Blogging on this beautiful Saturday morning. May 4th for those of you who made it all the way through. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I missed you! I have a whole list of blog post ideas…making a bet with myself to see if I can actually stick to them.