So much food, too much alcohol, & happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday morning! Just to warn you, this recap post is longgggg. I have a lot to fill you in on since it’s been a little over a week since my last recap post. Hopefully these pictures are in order. 🙂

Last Friday evening I had a random hodgepodge for dinner at my parents house. I ate a mushroom risotto veggie burger, a salad with mussels, some rice crackers, and a quinoa/kale mix. Super random, super tasty!


I woke up early Saturday morning to make coffee and let Owen out to go to the bathroom. My mom woke up too and came into the kitchen to have coffee with me. I will forever treasure early morning coffee talks with my mom. ❤

After coffee and getting ready for the day, I made a delicious smoothie to eat before my mom, sister, and I left for Louisville.

Smoothie: 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 C frozen cherries, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, almond milk – blend, top with almond butter & a protein bite or a little granola.


I never forgot to take my veggie capsules 🙂


We got to Louisville around 1 and met my aunt at her house. Then we headed to Starbucks for coffee before heading to a consignment store to shop around. I found some great deals! After shopping for a few hours we headed to Whole Foods to grab some lunch before heading to the mall. The checkout lady was like “Is chocolate your favorite food group?” Haha! Yes, yes it is. In my defense, there were veggies in the little brown carton 🙂 I had to stock up on all the items Bowling Green doesn’t have!


After shopping for a few more hours, we were exhausted! We went back to my aunt’s house to hang out before getting ready for the evening. I sipped on a gin and tonic since we were celebrating my birthday a month later. ❤


I never wear leopard – but I changed things up to celebrate 23!


How cute is my aunt?! I never understand how people can pull of red lipstick. I always look ridiculous, she always looks gorgeous!


We went to LouVino to have a few drinks and small plates. I wasn’t a fan of the atmosphere but the food was phenomenal!

First we had pretzels with beer cheese and then duck fat fries.

Next we split sweet potato gnocchi.


After that we split sliders and chicken enchiladas. Everything was so tasty!

Followed by ice cream 🙂 I was soooo full so I could only get down a few bites. After ice cream my mom and sister headed back to my aunt’s while my aunt and I went to a fun bar that I can’t remember the name of. It was super cool inside though! I had way tooooo many Cidergeist Bubbles and was really feeling it when we left at 1 a.m.


I tossed and turned all night, woke up at 6 a.m. – threw up (tmi) and then I was a little better! I NEVER drink. Like at all. I have maybe one beer a month or one glass of wine a month but I had way too much Saturday night. NEVER AGAIN. I felt icky and unhealthy all day. Not worth it.

Sunday morning we headed to brunch. I had coffee on my mind for sure! Everyone looks sleepy except my sister, haha!

I was craving greasy food! I had some eggs, bacon, and a few bites of hash!


After brunch we headed home, I was soooo sleepy. I think Owen missed me 🙂


I was up bright and early Monday morning to get in some exercise. My lymph nodes were swelling (always a sign I am getting sick) so I doubled up on my veggie capsules and then downed a smoothie packed with veggies.


I headed into work all morning before coming home for some lunch. I had zero groceries so I had some frozen kale puffs, a small frozen veggie taco, and some hummus/carrots.


I headed to the doctor that afternoon and they told me I didn’t have the flu or strep – so that was good! I had class later that evening and didn’t get home until around 8. I immediately showered and headed to bed.

Tuesday morning I did a quick workout – look at my little workout buddy. I just love him!


Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 5.31.26 AM.png

Here’s what I KNOW to be true – I’ve been taking Juice Plus+ since July and I haven’t gotten sick ONCE. I was already a pretty healthy eater – but I would still get an occasional stomach bug, I got mono at one point, & I would experience different seasons of cold symptoms. I noticed my lymph nodes were severely swollen (always my warning sign something is coming!), my energy levels were low, & I was having a hard time swallowing – so I doubled up on my capsules Sunday & Monday (which flooded my body with over 80+ fruits, veggies, & Omegas), I drank 1 complete shake a day (which has over 13 superfoods!!) & I woke up Tuesday TOTALLY FINE again! My lymph nodes are back to normal, I don’t have a sore throat, & my energy levels are back. You can’t deny GOOD, HIGH QUALITY, nutrition.  Juice Plus+ comes through for the win, once again!

I also had a bowl of oatmeal after I showered and got ready for the day!

Oatmeal: 1/4 C oats, 1 C water, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, a few mini chocolate chips, and chia seeds. 🍏


I spent all day at work and was so excited when I got home because the SUN WAS OUT! It had been cloudy and rainy most of the week so far.



I don’t remember what I did Wednesday so let’s jump to Thursday – Valentine’s Day!

I started the day with a quick run around the neighborhood. Look at that sunrise!


Followed by a pink smoothie for the day of love ❤


I put on my fancy red dress and headed into work! I love Valentine’s day! Even if my dog is my valentine 🙂


I picked up flowers and a vanilla latte for my mom and a heart cookie for my dad. My mom got me a DELICIOUS cookie and a some of the BEST lotion ever, it smells amazing. My dad got me some chocolates. ❤



I headed into my other job that afternoon before heading to my parents house for Valentine’s Day dinner. Nothing like a little wine and a filet!


Friday morning I headed out for a run and then came back to get ready for the day. How cute is this mug my bosses got me for Valentine’s day? I love it!


For lunch I had Alaskan Sockeye salmon! I just seasoned it with salt and pepper, drizzled it with olive oil, and broiled it for 10 minutes. Unpictured: lots of chips and guac while the salmon was cooking! Haha!


I headed into my other job for a while and then took Owen to the vet. He is the picture of health! Then, I headed to church to participate in the homelessness program I coordinate. After that I headed home to eat leftovers, watch Full House, and fall asleep by 9. Just another crazy Friday night over here 🙂


I woke up this morning to SNOW so,  I deep cleaned the floors and bathroom, washed all my bedding, and made a delicious smoothie. Now I am off to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for banana bread! Happy weekend!


Did you have a good Valentines Day? What did you do this week that made you smile?