Hi friends! Today is my last day as a 22-year-old and I thought it was be fun to look back on 22 things I did when I was 22. This year was filled with adventures, lessons learned, and discovering who I am. I cannot wait to see what 23 has to offer!
1. I got a my own dog!
If you have read my blog for more than 2 minutes you know that Owen is a HUGE part of my life and totally changed my year.
2. I got to work at a juice shop!
Working at a juice shop was one of my favorite parts of being 22! I got to meet so many different people and it was truly one of the coolest environments to work in.
3. I went to Kansas City with some really cool humans.
We laughed, we cried, and I am better for it! I will never forget my time in KC with some of my favorite people.
4. I lost my grandpa.
My grandpa was the last of my living grandparents and losing him was TOUGH. I miss him very much but I am so grateful for the time I had with him.
5. I ate A LOT of oatmeal.
Again, if you have read my blog for more than 2 minutes you know my obsession for oatmeal. I have a huge list of yummy recipes on my recipe tab!
This one is PB pear:
This one is Chocolate Cherry Chia:
6. I went to a salad-in-a-jar party that I had no idea would change my year.
I met my mentor at this party and I didn’t even know it yet. Looking at this picture makes me smile and makes me sad – I had no idea my afternoon would be changed forever a few hours after this was taken (a 3.5 year relationship ended!), I also didn’t know that I would meet the very woman who changed my whole year! (A lifetime friendship began!)
7. I decided to cut and dye my hair.
Yeah, that ended quickly. I realized I love my natural hair & face way more!
8. I created the perfect trail mix.
You definitely want to make this one! Recipe HERE.
9. I watched my baby sister graduate high school.
* Cue all the tears!! *
10. I went through a long phase of only drinking green smoothies.
11. I took care of Owen after he got neutered.
Yes, I did bawl my eyes out as they took him back for his surgery… I’m not dramatic or anything…
12. I made some darn good hummus.
Recipe HERE !!!!
13. I learned to TOUCH my TOES!
Guys, it only took me 22 years to do it.
14. I ate the best bagel of my life that my mom shipped in from New York.
I mean – I want this so badly right now… just look at that beauty!
15. I atteneded a gala with my favorite human!
Yes, this would be my mentor I mentioned above. She is a such a radiant light!
16. I went to Florida for a company I love more than ever with people I love more than ever.
And I grew SO MUCH!
17. I took Owen on 1423587 walks.
If you want more exercise –> get a dog!
18. I drank more coffee than you would humanly think is possible.
And I enjoyed every sip. #noregrets
19. I fell in love with running again.
I took a longggggg 2 year hiatus and I am back to my favorite form of exercise!
20. I got a tattoo.
To remind me where I want to be and remind me where I have been.
21. I read A LOT of self-development books so that…
22. I could learn to fall in LOVE with myself.
And it only took 22 years! Haha!
But seriously. I could have put 328 million more things on this post – that’s HOW GOOD my year was. 22 was INCREDIBLE. I grew SO MUCH! I am continuously growing, learning, and discovering who I am but that year changed me. I learned to love spending time by myself. I learned to love the way I look in the mirror. I learned to love my body when it exercises and when it doesn’t. I learned to cultivate kindness in the situations that need them most. I learned to really, truly, place my heart/mind/soul in the hands of God and let HIM lead the way.
23, I am coming for ya ❤