Hello and Happy Thursday! I am so excited to kick-off a new segment on the blog today:
A LOOK IN SIDE MY LUNCHBOX!
Each Thursday I will be sharing a peek inside my lunchbox and share with you how I made the dish, why I am eating this or that, etc.
I hope you enjoy! I always appreciate feedback too so let me know what you think or what you want to see more of the blog today.
Without further ado… lettuce look at my lunch from yesterday!
- big bag of baby carrots and half a cucumber
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lara Bar
- Okies Triple Zero Vanilla Yogurt (I like this brand because it is sweetened w/ Stevia!)
- Pineapple & Blackberries to go in the yogurt
- Grapes to eat with lunch
I like to pack a variety of snacks to eat throughout the day because I am typically at work from 8:30 – 5. Keeping a big bag of chopped of vegetables in my lunchbox helps me get in some extra veggies throughout the day and I always try to eat those first before I dig into any granola bars or fruit. I also like having yogurt occasionally just for some extra protein and this brand tastes like frozen yogurt.
Taco Salad using leftovers!
- Base of romaine and spinach
- Leftover grassfed taco meat*
- Baby tomatoes
- 1/4 cubed avocado
- 1 T Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch
- 2 T your favorite salsa
- Squeeze of lime
- Optional: Crushed tortilla chips
*For the taco meat we browned 2 lb of grassfed beef, added in 1 chopped white onion, salt and pepper, chili powder, cumin, and paprika
Using leftovers for a salad the next day is one of my favorite “healthy” tips! You can throw pretty much anything over lettuce and call it a salad.