weekly recap: Lots of church and lots of coffee.

Happy Monday!

I am writing a quick post today because…well, I feel like it. Hah!

How was your weekend? I spent most of the weekend at Church and brainstorming new ideas for the blog. I have some cool things lined up that I think you will be interested in! (Especially if you live in the Bowling Green area!)

Let’s take this recap back to last Wednesday. As always, I hope this post inspires you to make healthy choices this week. ❤

I worked most of the day Wednesday so I threw a quick-lunch together before I left the house. Listen, I know those tuna creations aren’t exactly the “cleanest” choice but I don’t care. They taste so good and fill me up quick! I also had some vegetables, rice crackers, but skipped on the hummus (my stomach was actually hurting so I knew eating this would make it worse), and then I saved the grapes for later. These are those cotton candy grapes, they are the only ones I eat.


I had church that night and fell asleep early…wow, big surprise.

Thursday morning started with a longgggg bike ride at the gym. I miss riding my bike outside but for now, the stationary bike wins. Blasting Drake makes the time go by quick! I have to catch myself from dancing while I ride or singing out loud…

I came home to my two favorite things, coffee + Owen.

The rest of Thursday started out at one job, then I went to campus for a meeting, and then I finished the afternoon at my other job! I snacked on vegetables, a green juice, and unpictured, ungodly amounts of chocolate (seems like an appropriate time say YOLO… or is that not cool anymore?)



Thursday evening ended with pizza, salad, wine, and ice cream with my favorite Oily friends. I love these women (+ Brandon 😉 )


Friday morning started with a quick dog walk with Owen before I left to pick up my cutest friend Naomi for breakfast. Naomi and I are going strong on almost 6 years of friendship dates.

We headed to Corner Bakery where I had half of this oatmeal because it was SO FILLING. But no worries, I had plenty of room left to split a monster cookie with Naomi after.



After breakfast we headed to Target and then Beverly Hills boutique. We got matching BFF earrings because we are cool like that. I love getting to hangout with this sweet girl! It’s so fun watching her grow up.

After I dropped Naomi off. I headed back to home to eat some lunch and get ready to take pictures with Hannah. We met at Spencer’s and spent several hours talking and then headed to Novo Dolce for more wine and talking. I love this girl! She keeps me laughing 99% of the time and I don’t know what I would do without our life-talks.

Friday night ended with ice cream and Riverdale with my mom and sister. I know, I know, I get really crazy on a Friday night.

Saturday morning starter with a 3 mile walk with my favorite dude.


We had Church that morning so I spent most of the morning and afternoon there. We had a church cleanup day and I helped decorate the Church with palms for Palm Sunday.

Afterwards I headed home for some much-needed rest and COFFEE.


Around 6:30 I got ready to meet Steven from Rian’s Fatted Calf for drinks because I wanted to talk with him about my upcoming projects for the blog. We ended up talking for a while and I discovered he’s a pretty cool guy. I love getting to talk with people who are like-minded when it comes to fitness and healthy eating. Thank you Steven for taking the time to talk to me about your family’s business.

I fell asleep fast on Saturday night and woke up early to teach Sunday school the next morning.

I spent all morning at church and celebrated Palm Sunday. In the Orthodox Church we follow the old calendar so I our Easter (Pascha) is not until next Sunday. Sometimes our Easter lines up with the new calendar and sometimes it doesn’t! I came home to get started on all the homework I had been neglecting before heading back to Church that evening for the first Bridegroom Matins of Holy Week.

Gosh, I love this time of year.


After church I came home to eat vegetable soup and dark chocolate almonds…no shame. I played with Owen for a good hour because he had SO MUCH ENERGY. It’s okay, I love him though.

I fell asleep around 9:30 reading a new book and woke up at midnight to let Owen out. He was doing fine throughout the night and now he barks and whines right as the clock hits 12:00, it’s a fun time for all.

I woke up again at 4:15 (a.m.!) to go on a run with my mom. After our run I spent some time reading my bible and devotional because I CANNOT have a good day without taking this quiet time.


Followed by coffee and oatmeal:


And now I am off to a morning Church service followed by several hours at work.

Have the best day!!!!