I have been obsessed with caesar salads lately, which is weird because I used to HATE them. I guess it’s true what they that your taste buds change as you get older.
Caesar salads are not exactly the healthiest so I have been modifying it a little. I have been using the Bolthouse Yogurt Caesar Dressing and I love it! I like to add a lot of chicken and some chickpeas for extra protein. Also, I can DOWN some romaine lettuce so I usually go through a half a bag in one salad.
I used boneless, skinless organic chicken tenders for this salad. I like to cook up a bunch at the beginning of the week so I have some to enjoy all week whether that be in salads or dipped in ketchup with some sweet potatoes.
Lettuce dive into this EASY PEASY recipe…
- 1/2 bag of romaine (I used 1 whole head of lettuce from Beet Box delivery!)
- 2-3 small chicken tenders or 1 chicken breast (I used Simple Truth organic chicken tenders!)
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 2 T croutons
- 2 T chow mein noodles
- 2 T Bolthouse Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- cook chicken according to directions
- rinse and drain one can of chickpeas
- throw all the ingredients into a large bowl and toss
yes, it is that easy. and yes, I felt compelled to share with you just how easy it is.
Leave a Reply