Happy Wednesday! Is anyone else in LOVE with this weather? I can’t get enough. I have been walking as much as I can outside and then walking on the treadmill as well. I also love the time change. There is something so cozy about driving home at 5 when the sun has set and then drinking a cup of coffee while preparing dinner. Fall…please never leave.
Maybe I should just move to a place where its overcast and chilly all the time? Probably.
So, here’s the deal. I had originally planned on posting a super yummy (paleo and gluten-free) recipe for you all today but the pictures were TERRIBLE. It was like I had taken pictures of vomit on a plate and asked you to make it, eat, and love it. (tmi?)
I desperately need to invest in a better camera…*hint hint Santa Clause*…
As I was at a lost of what to post, the sweetest person messaged me about my picture on Instagram telling me she was hoping I was posting about healthy snacks. Alas, this post was born. THANK YOU beautiful person. You know who you are.
OK. Lettuce get to it!
I LOVE snacking. Honestly, if I could just snack all day I probably would instead of eating full sit down meals. I like to have 2-3 small snacks throughout the day to keep me satisfied between meals. If I am being honest, there are sometimes where I am legit hungry and other times where I simply eat because it’s fun for me. (Am I weird?) Food brings me such happiness.
I think my favorite snack in the whole world would be the granola bar at Spencer’s coffee. There is something so wonderful about meeting up with a friend, my sister, Barrett, or my mom and sipping on a latte while you split a granola bar. THAT kind of food brings me joy. Food shared with loved ones. Plus, Spencer’s makes a bomb-ass granola bar.
Since I don’t usually eat a Spencer’s granola bar everyday of the week, let’s talk about my favorite everyday snacks!
- apples and peanut butter
- apples and almond butter
- apples and grass-fed cheese slices (I like Kerrygold: found at Kroger)
- a banana
- Handful mixed nuts (I like roasted almonds and cashews)
- Handful mixed nuts + dark chocolate chips
- Rice cake with peanut butter and jelly
- Rice cake with melted cheese on top
- 2 hard-boiled eggs mashed with salt n’ pepper
- Popcorn + dark chocolate almonds
- Kombucha + piece of fruit
- Organic corn chips + salsa
- Organic corn chips + hummus
- Grain-free chips (I love Siete foods Nacho chips! found at Whole Foods & Amazon.com)
- Almond flour crackers (I love Simple Mills! Found at Whole Foods, Amazon.com, & Meijer)
- Homemade muffins / energy bites (My banana bread HERE and my energy bites HERE)
- Any kind of roasted vegetable (I like sweet potato cubes drizzled in almond butter)
away from home snacks
Below are my favorite snacks to grab at CVS, Walgreens, a gas station, Target, a coffee shop, etc!
- RX bar (Found at Kroger, Meijer, Whole Foods, & Amazon.com)
- Larabar (Found almost anywhere. I got to Kroger!)
- KIND bar (Found everywhere)
- Boom Chicka Pop popcorn (Found at Kroger, Target, Whole Foods and Amazon.com)
- Spencer’s granola bar
- Tuna Creations 70 calorie snack packs
- Mixed Nuts
- Freeze-dried fruits (CVS & Kroger carry cheap freeze-dried fruit!)
- Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups (Found at Target and Kroger!)
- Grass-fed beef jerky (I like Krave! Found everywhere)
- Grass-fed jerky sticks (I like Epic! Found at Meijer, Kroger, Whole Foods, & Amazon.com)
- Dark chocolate Bark Thins (Found in most stores!)
- Dark chocolate almonds
- Any kind of almond milk latte!
- Juice from Zest!
I hope this helps next time you are wondering what to have for a snack! I will continue to update the list as I try new things or remember what types of things I like to grab at connivence stores.
Snacking should be fun and enjoyable and should make you feel good so you can go on with your day! I know a lot of people who don’t snack because they are afraid eating more will make them gain weight. NOOOOOOOO. Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re full and eat foods that make YOU feel good. Sometimes a latte and a couple bites of a granola bar are just what I need to feel good 🙂
Have the best day! Please feel free to let me know some of YOUR favorite snacks! I would love to try them out and add them to this list 🙂