Good morning and Happy Wednesday!
Anything exciting going on? I am extra excited for the this week because I get to go to Lousiville and watch my little cousins. We are going to have so much fun!
Instead of my usual “What I Ate Wednesday” post, I am sharing a super simple recipe with you all today. I made this stir-fry for my family last week and it was a hit!
This recipe makes A TON. I honestly don’t know the exact amount of people it serves because it served 6 people when I made it…and then we ate it for 3 more days haha.
Here we go…
Lamb and Beef Stir-fry (Can be Paleo and Gluten Free!)
- 1 lb lamb
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 C tamari (or soy sauce, coconut aminos, or liquid aminos)
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 2 T sesame oil
- 3 C riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 orange pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 C frozen peas (OMIT if Paleo!)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped and diced
- 1 T minced garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a small skillet add tamari, oyster sauce, and sesame oil
- Let simmer and thicken
- Brown lamb and beef in a separate skillet (preferably a cast iron)
- Salt the lamb and beef when nearly all the pink is gone
- Once the meat is done, transfer lamb and beef to a bowl and drain some of the liquid to discard
- Leave a little remaining liquid in the pain
- Add garlic and onion, stirring until onion is clear and fragrant
- Add in riced cauliflower, peppers, and peas
- Add salt and pepper to vegetables
- Once vegetables are cooked through, add back in the lamb and beef
- Once the sauce in the smaller skillet has thickened, add it to the lamb, beef, and vegetable mixture
- Coat the mixture evenly in the sauce
- Serve on its own or with rice!
Inspired by: Jay’s Baking Me Crazy and PaleOMG