First of all, I know what you’re thinking… “A green smoothie…in January? When it’s really cold outside?”
I know, I know! But if you’ve been like me at all then you’ve had a sore throat, a cough, a sneeze, and your nose won’t stop running. Are you like that at all?
Second of all, are you doing the January Whole 30? Even if you aren’t, this smoothie is still perfect for you because it contains WHOLE FOODS. No weird protein powders and no strange ingredients.
This smoothie will leave your throat feeling better, will meet your Whole 30 requirements, and will leave you feeling energized all morning.
Whole 30 Green Smoothie
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 TBSP cacao powder (found for cheap at TJ MAXX)
- 2 TBSP unsweetened/unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 TBSP chia seeds (Yay Omega 3’s!!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (or homemade nut milk)
- If you are not doing Whole 30, you can use the store bought nut milk in the cartons)
- 5-6 ice cubes
Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend that sucker up!
I am off to begin a long, long semester of online chemistry…
Also, also…..I TURN 20 freakin 1 tomorrow!!!
Leave a Reply