I have always secretly loved going back to school. I love buying new notebooks and pens, finding some cute shirts at Target, and writing down future assignments in my supercute new planner.
So today I want to share with you some of my favorite back to school items and routines that leave me feeling ready for the new school year!
1. Starting the day with a workout
Whether this be a walk down the street, a run, a quick trip to the gym, or a WOD at Crossfit, starting the day with some type of activity always makes me feel better. (Don’t get me wrong, I take my rest days very seriously as well!)
2. Sneaking in some quiet time
You guys already know my deep love for spending some quality time with Him in the mornings. If there is anyone who can make you feel good about your day ahead, it’s Jesus. Furrrsurrre.
3. Eating something delicious
Whether that be a green smoothie, eggs and bacon, a bagel w/ PB and banana, or a donut. I like to look forward to breakfast! I have never been someone who like to eat those packaged breakfast biscuits (sorry, mom) for breakfast. They depress me. (sorry mom, again)
4. Having my lunch ready to go
I usually have time to pack a lunch in the morning but if I know I have a busy day ahead, I will pack a lunch/snacks the night before. This leaves me with no stress in the mornings!
Here are some of my favorite lunch and snack ideas:
- Simple salads – spinach, tuna, chickpeas, carrots, dressing = SO GOOD
- Snack lunch – some of the snacks below all eaten together like a meal!
- Veggie Sandwich – sprouted bread, all the veggies, and hummus
- Soup – I love to pack Amy’s soups in a thermos w/ some crackers and a dash of nutritional yeast
- Fruit – apples, grapes, oranges, peaches, etc.
- Carrots and hummus
- Tortilla chips and hummus
- Homemade trail mix
- Lara Bar
- Coffee from anywhere w/ a bakery item
5. Sticking to a schedule
I am a planner. No doubt about it. I like to know exactly what I am going to do that day and where I need to be. Having a cute planner helps. Just sayin’
Hopefully these tips inspire you to have you best school year yet!
Happy Wednesday Friends!