Sometimes college sucks. (Well, most of the time it sucks) But what sucks the most is sticking to a strict budget, especially when it comes to the grocery store. But never fear, I can teach you how to get all the veg (and then some) for roughly $50. $50 can go a longgggg way when you buy the right foods. Plus, it allows you to still have #treatyoself Tuesdays at Spencer’s coffeehouse. (I personally like to inhale their granola bars).
So here’s what I got for the week:
- Kale, Spinach, Spring mix
- Sweet taters
- Bananas, Grapes, Kiwis
- 2 half gallons of unsweetened almond milk
- A couple of Annie’s burritos (When they are on sale, they make a quick, healthy meal)
- Frozen waffles (I never buy these, but sometimes you just got a live a little…thats sad that me “living a little” is buying frozen waffles)
- Beanitos (SO GOOD! Chips made from only beans (insert poop emoji))
- Coffee creamer (I refuse to give up creamer, I don’t care if its bad for me)
And the total came too….$53.47!!! I can usually spend less, but I did splurge on some waffles.
I hope this helps you out next time you’re at the grocery store!
**Keep in mind I already had things like oatmeal, hot sauce, salsa, and beans at my house. I don’t need to buy those things too often.