Staying healthy at work is important, especially if you have a desk job and are sitting most of the time. Below are my easy tips to feeling your best at work:
- Always bring a water bottle! I usually pack my 32 oz Nalgene bottle. I try to go through 4 of those to get in a gallon.
- I like to keep a mug and a bag of assorted teas at my desk to keep me hydrated and warm if it’s cold out. (It can also cure a sweet tooth!)
- Get up and move 20-30 minutes. Perks of drinking a lot of water/tea, you have get up and pee a lot! (Tmi?)
- Pack healthy snacks. Stay away from the vending machine, it is only loaded with foods that will leave you bloated and uncomfortable. I usually pack an apple or carrots with hummus, and I usually have a bag of almonds in my desk.
- Have an upset stomach? Try GinGins! They relieve any stomach cramps.
- Don’t forget to indulge! Seriously, treat yo self. If it is a co-workers birthday, eat some cake! It won’t kill ya, promise.
- Smile! Seriously. It makes ya feel better.